MSIC regulations were recently updated and AusCheck has aligned its web services to the regulations. We have now updated the MSIC system and processes to match the changes specifically for the following web services:
- Application Lodgement Service
- Diagnostic Service
- Security Card Validation Service
Updated the card return process: Card holders are now required to submit a statutory declaration online for all replacement requests. For renewals, the applicant should have a statutory declaration if the existing card is lost or stolen. All the notifications related to replacements and renewals have been updated to suit.
Auto -cancellation of replacement requests: Any cards reported to us as lost, stolen, or change of name shall be reported to the Department of Home Affairs and cancelled within 7 days of being reported. Reminders will be sent (if required).
Foreign passports are now accepted as Category B proof of ID: MSIC applicants can now select Foreign Passport as a Category B document when providing Proof of ID.
VBS is moving towards an incremental revamp to enhance the user experience. This includes;
- a re-design of the VBS login and landing page
- mobile friendly theme
- a new manifest button has been added to the booking summary screen and
- ‘book search screen’ access through ‘book menu’ and in ‘edit search view’ are now consistent
These changes will create a simple and clean login page, where users will have a better user experience.
Planned downtime will occur on the 13th of June 2018:
- Port of Auckland: 05:00pm for 15 minutes
- Port of Napier: 04:30 for 15 minutes.