DPWA - Mandatory Verification of Container Mass
How DPWA will assist you to comply with the new regulations
Overview of DPWA’s response to the new SOLAS regulations:
• DP World globally welcomes the new SOLAS regulation which will assist in promoting Safety across our terminals for our employees, customers and communities.
• DPWA is not currently equipped with the specified weighing devices to satisfy the regulator’s requirements. We are unable to identify any discrepancies with the PRA’d VGM, we rely on the information you provide us. This is solely the responsibility of the Shipper, Packer or Freight Forwarder of the goods.
• Working together with 1-Stop in Australia, DPWA has jointly developed additional mandatory fields to the PRA process to ensure the information being captured from the Shipper is accurate and supports the requirements from the regulator (AMSA).
• The onus on weight verification is the responsibility of the Shipper, Packer or Freight Forwarder of the goods.
• No container will be shipped unless the VGM is validated prior to entering the terminal